What makes this app so awesome is its extensibility. Its potential is limited only by your imagination.
I purchased it in 2010 when I needed an app to store website passwords securely. Most password apps have a dedicated fixed-use; their fields are designed for website passwords or credit card numbers, and nothing else, because the fields cant be customized. Youd need separate apps to store the different data fields that are unique for websites, banking, insurance, and credit card accounts... security questions, phone numbers, renewal and expiration dates, names, mailing address, group codes, etc.
Tap Forms is nothing like other data storage apps. It didnt take long to realize this app is in a class of its own. I created new forms or customized the built-in forms to track just about anything I could ever want:
- passwords for more than just websites, like computer logins and application systems at work
- serial numbers for home appliances and valuables
- any type of account info: credit card, savings/checking, investment, health/home/life/car insurance, home utilities
- clothing sizes
- padlock combinations
- recording episodic data and multiple variables to export for trend or statistical analysis
- vehicle oil changes and your last haircut
- travel expense reports; even take a picture of the receipt and a voice memo of who attended
The magic of this app is that its really a mini-database on your iOS device, allowing you to create about any form using a wide variety of data types. Examples: calculation field type, performing simple numeric or time math using data from the other fields; GPS location; drawing; file attachments (transfer to your device using the built-in web server); and link to other forms.
The import/export/backup/built-in web server/DropBox/iCloud support allows you to share and protect data. You can encrypt the entire database or select fields. Theres a Tap Forms for Mac, too, and itd be great to have my data everywhere, but I dont use the computing platform.
This is a great app!